Cream Cheese Cookie Cups


Cream Cheese Cookie Cups - Photo by JayDi Photography
Shortly before Christmas, I was looking for some bite sized desert ideas. I figured if they're smaller, I can sample more and not feel guilty. Right? Right?? Well, I still ended up "sampling" too much desert, but it was worth it.  I made my first test batch with my helper, A, saw how simple it was and he seemed to enjoy them very much. This is a great project to do with the kids. We had used blue and red food paint along the sides of the piping bag to colour in stripes. It looked like toothpaste in a cookie cup, but tasted great. So I decided to send another batch with J to work, plain this time, and they were a hit! People were asking for more. 2 for 2, they became a keeper in my book.


Cream Cheese Cookie Cups

Prep: 15 min. 
Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Yield: 2 dozen

Ingredients 

1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (1pkg)
 4 tablespoons butter, softened
1  teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar                            

Directions

  1. With floured hands, press about 1 tablespoon of dough onto the bottom and up the sides of 24 ungreased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
  2. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, reshape the puffed cookie cups. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
  3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Use a piping bag to fill the cups or spoon into the cups. Store in the refrigerator. 

Comments

Popular Posts