Thanks for joining me on my culinary blogging debut! Whole Wheat Banana Strawberry Muffins


Whole Wheat Banana Strawberry Muffins - Photo by JayDi Photography
Welcome to my first post on my first ever blog!  Here's what you need to know about me: I love food! Whether it's tasting something exotic and trying to re-create it or settling down with a big old bowl of comfort food, I want to do it all and take you with me on this journey.

This winter has been far too cold and much too long. Spring is in the air, finally,  and I can't think of a better way to start my day than with a deliciously moist fruit muffin sweetened with apple sauce.

Whole Wheat Banana Strawberry Muffins

Number Of Servings:
12
Preparation Time:
40 minutes

 Ingredients:

2 eggs beaten
3/ 4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/ 2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 mashed bananas
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions:
Pre-Heat oven to 350F.
Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
In a large bow whisk together the egg, vanilla, applesauce, and mashed bananas. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients, and mix until thoroughly moistened.
Then fold in the strawberries and walnuts.
For Jumbo Muffins, spray muffin cups with cooking spray, and bake for 25-30 minutes. For regular muffins use 12 lined muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes. (When a tooth pick comes out clean, muffins are done)

 

Comments

Popular Posts