Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies



Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies - Photo by JayDi Photography
Hello again! Excuse my short hiatus as I spent the last week battling a really nasty cold. I was drained and didn’t really feel like cooking. I just really wanted easy comfort food and lucky for me, J took great care of me and I barely had to lift a finger. Now that I've recovered and the weather’s  improved so drastically that almost all of our snow is gone, the adventurous chef in me awakened and I've been on a new recipes kick.

We all have several chocolate cookie recipes. Yet, I for one, am always on the lookout for new ones to try. I have my favorites of course, (they are coming in future posts) but this weekend I felt like trying something new.   The promise of soft, chewy cookies with the addition of vanilla pudding intrigued me.  Let me tell you, they are really easy to make, and taste amazing!

Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yield: About 36 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. With an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing only until a little flour remains. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
4. With a medium cookie scoop (or 2 tablespoons), form dough into balls and place on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake until the outside edges are just set and light golden brown, and the middles are still puffy, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.

Comments

Popular Posts